One of the best things about living in NYC is being able to leave it. Sunday 7.24.16 a small group and I plan to leave the gym behind, jump on a train for about an hour, and hike up Breakneck Ridge. Breakneck Ridge is a spectacular, physically challenging climb with spectacular views. It was a perfect athletic afternoon outside of the city and you can be home in time for some Sunday “Fun-Day” rose.
The day hike is a “hugely challenging calorie-burner” with an elevation gain of over 1,400 feet. The monster hike features rocks that must be climbed. You will be pulling yourself up and scaling rock walls. It’s a blast.
We’ll take the 1.5 hour train ride from Grand Central Station to Cold Spring, NY. Be sure to sit on the left side as you’ll get a great view of the river and surrounding country. Grab a cab to the Breakneck Ridge Trailhead (up the 9 a few miles from Cold Spring). The trail is marked with white lines and dots. We’ll hike directly back into Cold Spring grab a bite and back to the city. Things to bring –
- hiking shoes or boots with good traction
- comfortable pants or shorts
- snacks – I typically took 4 hard boiled eggs, 2 apples, and 2 protein bars
- $25.00 for train tickets, $20.00 cab fare, and $50 – $100 for a meal in Cold Spring if you choose to hang there.
- email me at email@example.com for details if you want to join!